[amibroker] Conditional Help plz ?

Hi,

I must be stupid or something so go easy on me.

Putting together this code below that I simply want to have one column
that contains the direction of the trade i.e. a green Buy OR a red
Sell, depending on the explore condition. I'd like this to be in an
AddColumn line.

The part of the setting of the Dir tells me an error about an array
but I'll be stuffed if I can work out what's going wrong. I'm sure
it's a matter of not properly understanding Amibroker and how
variables should be correctly used.

Anyway help and guidance would be very much appreciated.
Moop

====feeble code attempt========
Buy = BullUpDay AND HigherBars AND MA12_yest_less AND MA12_today_more
AND MA(C,12)>MA(C,72) AND VolCheck ;
Sell = BullDownDay AND LowerBars AND MA12_yest_more AND
MA12_today_less AND MA(C,12)<MA(C,72) AND VolCheck ;

if (Buy) Dir = "Long" AND DirClr = "Green";
if (Sell) Dir = "Short" AND DirClr = "Red";

24 Hours. Commission-Free.