[amibroker] Re: Can't Read Archives

Steve,

Thanks for the input.  As for accessing the Internet, I don't know why
I get the message that IE can't access the site.  It probably isn't
trying to reach the Internet since I'm always online when I try this
and I have no difficulty with other applications reaching the
Internet.  I'm thinking the program treats the archive information as
web sites and can't for some reason, reach them, but that's just a
guess on my part.

The screen that comes up with the "Contents", "Search" and
"Favorites", as well as the blank screen to the right appears to be
the standard Microsoft Help tool, by the way.  With respect to your
comment about the Microsoft HTML Help.exe setting, I have no idea how
I would set the .chm file up to do that.  My guess is that is what the
file is doing, however, since the application that launches looks like
a traditional Microsoft Help screen.  If you know how to check the
Help.exe setting, though, please advise and I'll look into it.

I am hoping that others on the list can confirm that they have a
difference between their archive file sizes and those posted on the
AmiB site and that they still have functionality.  That would, at
least, rule out that as an issue.  The only reason I'm a little
uncertain on this is that the site specifically states that the file
sizes should match exactly, which they do not.

One possibility is that there is some setting in IE that I need to
modify.  Another possibility that occurs to me is that my
firewall/antivirus package (Trend Micro) may be blocking the
application, but I've had no problems with Trend Micro on any other
application so that isn't very likely.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Wayne

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Dugas" <sjdugas@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There should be no need for it to access the internet. For lack of a
better
> idea, are your .chm files set up to open with Microsoft HTML
Help.exe ? I
> use it with XP Pro and it works fine even when disconnected from the
> internet.
>
> Steve

24 Hours. Commission-Free.