Re: [amibroker] RT Data - only last bar needed

I have tried something similar with eSignal. 500 stocks is a lot to update in a minute or 2.

----- Original Message -----
From: ShortFox
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:31 AM
Subject: [amibroker] RT Data - only last bar needed

Hi guys,

In order to trade a system, I need to intraday scan some 500 stocks for their LAST PRICE, say once in a minute.
I don't need to see any charts or load large amounts of intraday data - I only need to know all stocks' LAST PRICE once in a minute or two.

Given these requirements, will it be sufficient to use the IB datafeed, or must I use eSignal basic for such a task?
I know IB can support quote retreival of up to 100 concurrent symbols at a time. Can these symbols be changed *PROGRAMATICALLY* from AB, say every 15 seconds?

Thanks for your time,
Short.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS