RE: [amibroker] 1 minute currency data needed

Amiquote uses

http://www.fin-rus.com/analysis/export/default.asp

Which will give you 8 of the most heavily traded pairs.

A site I stumbled on and have began using is:

http://www.forexite.com/free_forex_quotes/forex_history_arhiv.html

It’s a Russian site and has 1 minute data back to 2001. Download the data under the Metastock column and import it into AB. This data does not seem to be “indicative” (Fin-Rus is indicative), but I haven’t been able to figure what source it comes from. I have also found a couple inconsistencies with the data, but for the amount of data and the price, it’s pretty decent. The only negative with this site is that you have to manually download and unzip the data for each day. There are no combined history files. There is a way to get all the data……and as I was trying to find the site, I found good and bad news. There is a Company  called Dynastore  which provides programs to download and make available  real time data to programs that do not support a particular data feed (People who use these Other programs are not as lucky as we are to have someone like Tomasz to incorporate a ton of data feeds into the program). They have a program which will download all data from this Russian FOREX site. I used their 15 day demo to get my initial data, and now download the daily data manually. When I went to get the link for you, I see that they are ceasing operations. The good news is that they are giving a permanent registration code for the program that downloads data from the Forexcite,com site for free. Go to:

            http://64.39.175.162:8080/ and page all the way to the bottom under the heading of

            Category C: History downnloaders for Tradestation 2000i and Metastock Pro.

The last program on the list is:

FxDynaloader
Tradestation 2000i, Metastock

Download the program Along with the permanent code.

I’m going to install the program in a minute and see how it works. The trial I used worked flawlessly to download all the data.

Some people gave reported having trouble with the site AmiQuote uses and  I had previously sent Tomasz and Marcin a note about this site as a possibility for a replacement/additional download site in AQ. I haven’t heard if Tomasz is considering switching or adding this site for AmiQuote.

I hope this helps.

Allan