[amibroker] Re: addcolumn Help

Logic comparisons return 0 or 1. To get the value of close in your
column multiply the value by Close. One way you can see what is
going on is plot the calculation. That is the way I debug stuff when
I can visualize what is going on. E.g.

ITEM=Close;
LLVCLOSE=ITEM==LLV(ITEM,9)  OR  ITEM==LLV(ITEM,8)  OR ITEM==LLV
(ITEM,7) OR

ITEM==LLV(ITEM,6)  OR  ITEM==LLV(ITEM,5)  OR ITEM==LLV(ITEM,4)OR

ITEM==LLV(ITEM,3)  OR ITEM==LLV(ITEM,2);

AddColumn(LLVCLOSE * C, "LLV Close", 1.2);
Plot(LLVCLOSE * C, "LLV Close", colorRed);

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:

>  I made a scan that looks for long-term  downtrending stocks that
have now started going up.   The last part of the coding is shown
here.

> ITEM=Close;
> LLVCLOSE=ITEM==LLV(ITEM,9)  OR  ITEM==LLV(ITEM,8)  OR ITEM==LLV
(ITEM,7) OR

> ITEM==LLV(ITEM,6)  OR  ITEM==LLV(ITEM,5)  OR ITEM==LLV(ITEM,4)OR
>
> ITEM==LLV(ITEM,3)  OR ITEM==LLV(ITEM,2);
>
> When I run  the entire code inside of  REF(EntireCode,-5);
>
>  I want to have addcolumns which will show the number of days that
>
> the stock had declined before the decline stopped.
>
> For instance, If I get a hit on  CLOSE==LLV(CLOSE,98), then I
want  the number 98 to appear in the

> AddColumn(???????,"90to100",1,2);
>
> I may  require more than a hint on how to do this.
>
> All ideas will be appreciated.     Ron D

24 Hours. Commission-Free.