[amibroker] Amibroker features

Hi,

I'm looking to test Amibroker specifically for the backtesting
features. I'm no computer whiz and looked at the installation
procedures and it looked complicated, having to install many different
modules.

What would be the simplest, and least memory/cpu intensive
installation needed for using amibroker mainly for backtesting?

Also, would i need to have my own datasource or would amibroker
provide it? i use IB currently.

What type of format will the intraday data be, i often look at
1,3,5,15 min e-minis (es & nq).

Would the trial version allow me to see if amibroker stores the data
and backtests ok for me (i understand the language is easier to use,
so i'm hoping to see if i can hack it). someone told me the trial
version is unable to store info is this true?

thanks.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.