[amibroker] Re: Industries and sectors

>From what you said it looks like you need to set up a market,
industry and group especially for indices. If your stock list.
stock.txt file, did not include the indices then they probably got
added to whatever. You may need to create another text file for the
indices and assign them to some market, group and industry that
makes sense to you or fix the txt file you have.

First you will have to decide which Sector to add them to.
Investment and Financial Services may do or you can create a new one
and call it Index. If you do that then you will probably need to
create a market, group and industry with a name of Index. All that
you can do manually from Symbols/Categories by Editing the name of
an unused entry. Then run your script with the indices set to the
correct industry, group or whatever.

Just an example. You can put them wherever you want. Like I said I
set them to Unassigned for market and industry and Index for group.
Markets includes NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ and OTC so you could put them
under the market that appleis.

Barry

 --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, l washington
<goldwing01_1999@xxxx> wrote:

> Berry, in notepad I set up an industry group and sector group
along with three different stock lists One for NYSE, and another for
NASDAQ, and one more for AMEX. The reason for this was to load each
market correctly with all stocks going to their appropriate market.
If you do not separate each market with the appropriatethe stock
list they all get lump into one market and that's not good.

<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY
> 2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--
> /SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>
> > >

> > > Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.

> > > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> subject=Unsubscribe>
> > >
> > >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms
> of
> > >       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

--