Re: [amibroker] Re: Industries and sectors

Berry, in notepad I set up an industry group and sector group along with three different stock lists One for NYSE, and another for NASDAQ, and one more for AMEX. The reason for this was to load each market correctly with all stocks going to their appropriate market. If you do not separate each market with the appropriatethe stock list they all get lump into one market and that’s not good.

 Barry Scarborough <razzbarry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I can't say until I see the file but I doubt it. If it is used to
set the database up with stocks and indices then there needs to be a
list of stock symbols and indices listed in it with the group and
industry appended. The one you referenced looks like an example on
how to build a script rather than a functional file.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Duke Jones, CMT" <Lists@xxxx>
wrote:

> Is this not the same script already posted to the Amibroker site?
>
> http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/Industries.js
>
> Its included in the April 2000 newsletter.
> http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html
>
> Regards,
>
> Duke Jones, CMT
>

> l washington wrote:
> >
> > Please add it to your site. There are so many version or tricks
> > each one it's hard to tell which one will get the job done. So
this is
> > just one of many.
> >
> > I used it to copy O'Neil 197 industry groups from IBD wed site.
Now
> > all I need to do is get my indices ^DJI ^IXIC ^GSPC out of my
sectors

> > */Barry Scarborough <razzbarry@xxxx>/* wrote:
> >

> >     I just asked via email for this too. This could get to be a
pain in
> >     the tush if a lot of people ask for it. Is this available on
the AB
> >     site? If not I can add it to my website in about 10 minutes.
> >
> >     Barry
> >
> >     --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso"
<ajf1111@xxxx>
> >     wrote:
> >     >
> >     > Would you mind sharing the Script ?
> >     >
> >     > Anthony
Yahoo! Terms
> >     of Service.
> >     >
> >     >
--------
> >     >

-------
> > Yahoo! FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.

<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY
2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--
/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>