[amibroker] Re: Is it possible to do this exploration on ALL stocks?

You can use one of several types of ATC symbols depending on exactly
what you want to see.  So the first issue is to clarify this. Do you
want to see:

1) For an index created from all of the stocks in your database,
what percent of Mondays had the stocks close higher than the open in
the last <xxx> periods?

Or...

2) For all of the stocks in your database, what is the percentage of
stocks that were up on all mondays in the last last <xxx> periods.

Or...

3) For all stocks in your database, what percentage of mondays had
the the Advance/Decline net count > 0?

I think that you want #1, but it's a little unclear.

Assuming that it is, create an index ATC symbol of the stocks in
your database and then run Graham's code against it.

Regards,

Dan.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thorstef2003" <thorstef2003@xxxx>
wrote:

> I found an exploration that used "addcolumn" and modified it, but
it
> doesn't do what I want.
> Basically I need the exploration to give me a read out, like in
the
> Guru commentary  "xx% of Mondays that were up" on all the stocks
in
> my database as a whole.
> Whether the individual stock percentages on Mondays are there or
not
> doesn't matter. I want a readout of the Monday percentages on the
> whole basket in my database. Hope this is clearer than my earlier
> post.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "thorstef2003"
<thorstef2003@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Graham. Will do.
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx>
wrote:

> > > you will need to use Filter and addcolumn
> > > See AB help - tutorial - Amibroker Formula Language - How to
> create
> > > your own exploration

> be
> > used

> > O;

> being

> only.

> > > --
> > > Cheers
> > > Graham
> > > AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> > > Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> > > http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

24 Hours. Commission-Free.