[amibroker] Re: how can I open all files to do format editing

After thinking about this a little more I wondered how many of your
database files were corrupted? Can you just download the data from a
source rather than try to fix them? If you don't have many you could
put the path to each file in an array and use that array as the file
name in the fopen loop. If it is large number of files then you
would have to manipulate the Data file tree for all the symbols that
are in folders -, 0-9 and a-z. You have the file names, the ticker
symbols. You could open the ticker file and build the file path name
on the fly as you go through the ticker list. The first character in
the ticker name is the sub folder name except for the indices but
the ^r ~ tells you to look in sub folder -. In C++ you could just
look at the file tree and go through each sub folder but I haven't a
clue how you would do that in AB code, maybe the same way.

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fox97us" <williamwang97@xxxx>
wrote:

> hello,
>
>    I have some stock data files in the wrong format. How can I use
> amibroker to do format editing.
>
>    I notice that I can use Guru chart commentary to manipulate
files.
> However, when I try to ask the program  open all files use
something
> like:
>

> fopen( "C:\\Data\\*.txt", "a");
>

> the * does not work.