[amibroker] Re: how can I oepn all files to do format editing

You can't open files this way. I think you will need to know the
file names to open specific files. I am not sure how you can get the
names of the files. Then you need to get a handle so you can use the
file and when it is no longer needed close it. If you want to open
all files try a loop putting the file handles in an array. Since you
will get a handle while files are opened and a 0 if one is not
opened track the number of files you open so you know how big the
array is and can close them when you are done.

I am not sure how AB allocates space for an array but try something
like this:

fh[0] = 0; // file handle array
i=0;
for (;;)
{
fh[i] = fopen( "myfile.txt", "w"); //
if( fh[i] )
   i = i+1;
else
   break; // exits loop when a file is not opened
) // end for loop

// process code

// close files
for (i; i > -1; --i)
(
if( fh[i] )
   fclose( fh[i] );
}

Barry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fox97us" <williamwang97@xxxx>
wrote:

> hello,
>
>    I have some stock data files in the wrong format. How can I use
> amibroker to do format editing.
>
>    I notice that I can use Guru chart commentary to manipulate
files.
> However, when I try to ask the program  open all files use
something
> like:
>

> fopen( "C:\\Data\\*.txt", "a");
>

> the * does not work.