[amibroker] Re: Discussion board Vs Yahoo

I wonder, how difficult it is to set the boards in such a way that
those users who wished could recive every post as an email.

I think the benefits of the boards as elaborated by you are really
interesting.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dimension@xxxx wrote:

> That is true.  But I find the fact that you can create forums by
category to
> be rather convenient and powerful.  For example, If I care only to
view the
> "How-To" (HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.org/boards/viewforum.php?
f=20&sid=1e01474fa80d539dafb2
> 769d2816ba5b"http://www.amibroker.org/boards/viewforum.php?
f=20&sid=1e01474f
> a80d539dafb2769d2816ba5b) articles or view posts related to
only "Scripting"
> (HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.org/boards/viewforum.php?
f=16&sid=1e01474fa80d539dafb2
> 769d2816ba5b"http://www.amibroker.org/boards/viewforum.php?
f=16&sid=1e01474f
> a80d539dafb2769d2816ba5b) , I know exactly where to go.  With an
email list,
> that is not easy to find, as everything is pretty much lumped into
one flat
> view and you must search to filter out any topics you are not
interested.

> Also, the search capabilities are also fairly decent for the
message board
> and you do not need a third party software.  You can search all
boards or
> only a specific category or sub category.
>

> If you wanted to see everything, you can, as it's easy to see what
topics or
> forums are active and what the latest posts are in those forums.
If you
> only wanted to track a certain topic and do not care about
other "noise" you
> can also do that, although I think this feature may need to be
enabled.  I
> know the software they are using for the message boards allow it
(this
> software is used by many other companies that setup "community" or
support
> boards).  Further, you have the ability to send private message to
other
> forum members without having to reveal your email if you choose to.
>

> Lastly, for board operators, important discussion topics can
be "stickied"
> and will always appear at the top of that forum.  What that means
is that a
> forum can contain important topics, notices or other reference
posts which
> can always be found at the top of the forum.  So for instance, in
the
> "Scripting" forum, the AFL formula reference can be stickied so
that it will
> always be available at the top of that forum as a reference.
>

> All that said, the board is there for those who care to use, and
yahoo is
> available for those who are to use it.  I prefer the boards, others
prefer
> email.  The only issue I have is that I don't think the boards are
monitored
> as much as the email list for support related topics…so I tend to
ask
> questions that should be directed to AmiBroker support here in the
email
> list.
>

>    _____

On Behalf

HYPERLINK "mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [HYPERLINK
On
> Behalf Of Thomas Z
> Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:53 AM
> To:
HYPERLINK "mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Discussion board Vs Yahoo
>

> Hi,
>
> i prefer the yahoo board because i can send and receive messages
through
> email automatically.
> So i don't have to go to any website and refresh and ....
>

> Regards
>
> Thomas
> HYPERLINK "http://www.tradingbasis.com"www.tradingbasis.com
>

> tintin92 wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just wonder why Ami Broker subscribers use the yahoo group more
> extensively than:

HYPERLINK "http://www.amibroker.org/boards/"http://www.amibroker.org/b
oards/

> The advantage of the latter is that its easier to search and is more
> organised than the yahoo group.Which would basicall mean that
archives
> will be more accessible and more useful.
>
> Any thoughts? Am i missing some thing?
>

> I dont know why.
> Personally I prefer board than mailing-list.
> But the habit at AB seem to be mailing-list.
>
> I regret than there is a link to the AmiBroker Users' mailing list
on the
> support page but nothing about the AmiBroker Board.
>
> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.com/support.html"http://www.amibroker.com/supp
ort.html

> If there was more advertising about board and less about AmiBroker
Users'
> mailing list, I think the habit could change.
>
> Tintin92
>

> take care
>
> Rizwan

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.com/support.html"http://www.amibroker.com/supp
ort.html

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.com/support.html"http://www.amibroker.com/supp
ort.html

oup/amib
> roker/

> ups.com
>
> "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>

> --
10/27/2005

> --
10/27/2005

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> HYPERLINK
> "http://www.amibroker.com/support.html"http://www.amibroker.com/supp
ort.html

>    _____
>
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

> *	 Visit your group "HYPERLINK
> "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker"amibroker"; on the web.
>
> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>  HYPERLINK
> "mailto:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
subject=Unsubscribe"amibroker-
> unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK
> "http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/"Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

>    _____
>

> --
10/27/2005