Re: [amibroker] Re: Discussion board Vs Yahoo

Hi rizwankherati,

Monday, October 31, 2005, 5:29:06 AM, you wrote:

r> Dear Thomas,

r> No doubt it can be done but please remember that you are a very
r> didicated user of Amibroker and also tech saavy. Many people here
r> including me had not even heard of this thunderbird. Not all will
r> like to maintain such large data base on their hard disk. Forums are
r> a convenient method of communication. Also They usually have features
r> like private messaging etc which help build the community.

Private messaging is already available.  It's called e-mail.  ^_^ And
for me, and as also expressed by hundreds of people on this list,
nothing is more convenient than receiving e-mail.  I don't miss a
message, and I always have access to them later, even if my network
connection was to be temporarily down.  Personally, and as others
have said on this board repeatedly, logging into a website to read
what should already be automatically retrieved and sorted into my AB
e-mail folder is a step I don't want to bother with.  Modern e-mail
clients filter, sort, and even thread.

Also, little is cheaper in the computer world than disk space.

In my opinion, the single biggest advance this group could make is
writing more pertinent subject lines.  Yes, my client can search
bodies, but that is a lot more cycles than just subject lines.  Too
often, we see new subjects such as 'please help me', or 'now what?',
or some similar title that gives zero indication of what the contents
of the message pertain to.  But I have long given up pushing on that,
as it seems to be an unwinnable battle.

But this 'let's move to some board' argument is a road we've been
down several times.  It's simply a matter of preference, and the
great mass of people, including TJ and others that you really want to
read, stay right here.

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.