[amibroker] Re: Discussion board Vs Yahoo

Dear Thomas,

No doubt it can be done but please remember that you are a very
didicated user of Amibroker and also tech saavy. Many people here
including me had not even heard of this thunderbird. Not all will
like to maintain such large data base on their hard disk. Forums are
a convenient method of communication. Also They usually have features
like private messaging etc which help build the community.

Given your expertise in using computers I am sure you can make the
forums as convenient for you as the email system is, but the forum
will be much more conevnient for novices and then they are unlikely
to bother support with things which have already been answered.

I would urge you and other experienced memebers of this group to
seriously consider moving to the boards.

Best regards

Rizwan

Hi,

but through email you can build-up a large message database and in
combination with thunderbird or any other fast mail client
you can search thousands of messages in a couple of seconds and the
result list is very comfortable. Everything goes much faster.

Regards
Thomas
www.tradingbasis.com

dimension@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I prefer the discussion board as it's much more organized and easier
to search.  With yahoo, everything is just lumped into one, no way to
categorize discussion topics.

You can receive email notifications I believe with the message boards
when ever someone replies to your topic/question.  It's a shame it's
not used more and not promoted much.