Re: [amibroker] Open Formula Editor from custom button

Hello,

Yes it does move all files to designated folder AND adjusts all references
in charts so they are linked to new location.

> If so, that is not what I want to do,
Why not? You *should* want that because otherwise ALL exiting charts would
become BLANK (as AB won't be able to find files already used in charts).

As for opening files from different folder:
the philosophy is that you should have ALL formulas inside
"Formulas" directory (in one of subfolders of it).
If so, why don't you use just formula tree to open any file conveniently using RIGHT CLICK MENU??

Formula (chart) context menu

Formula (chart) context menu shows up when you click with RIGHT mouse button over formula listed in the Charts tab of Workspace pane (see picture on the left)

Available choices:

  • Insert - inserts selected indicator into new chart pane.

    Insert command internally creates a copy of the original formula file and places such copy into hidden drag-drop folder so original formula will not be affected by subsequent editing or overlaying other indicators onto it.

    Double clicking on formula name is equivalent with choosing Insert command from the menu.
  • Insert Linked - inserts selected indicator into new chart pane directly (i.e. linked to original).

    Insert Linked command does not create any copy of the formula. Instead it creates new chart pane that directly links to original formula. This way subsequent editing and/or overlaying other indicators will modify the original
  • Overlay - overlay selected indicator onto selected chart pane

    Overlay command internally appends additional code to the formula used by the chart pane. If given chart pane was created usign Insert Linked, it will modify original (linked) formula.
  • Analysis - show up Automatic Analysis window and pick selected formula
  • Edit - open Formula Editor window to edit selected formula
  • Rename - rename currently selected formula file
  • Delete - delete currently selected formula file
  • New
    • Formula - creates new formula file in currently selected folder
    • Folder - creates new subfolder under currently selected folder
  • Refresh - re-reads Formula directory and re-display formula tree

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com