[amibroker] Re: Extracting MG Industry Group Closing Price

Hi Dan,

I followed your directions exactly.  The Symbol-Categories-
Industries  Base Indexes for Relative Strength field remains
unpopulated.

The drop down does give me a whole bunch to chose from including the
MG symbols.  However, that is the same as manually entering the data
for each of the 239 Industries.

I upgraded to AB 4.70 before doing this.

I have used TeleChart data for a couple of years so I just updated
the Database settings for my existing database.

When that didn't work, I tried the same thing by creating a new
database - that didn't work either :-((

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@xxxx> wrote:

> Hmmm.  That's strange.   Did you create a Telechart database in
AB?  If so,
> try this.
>

> 1.	Open the database (File --> Open Database.)
> 2.	Select AB's Telechart database.
> 3.	Select File --> Database Settings.    The Database settings
window
> will open.
> 4.	Ensure that the "Database folder:" is pointed to the correct
AB
> database.
> 5.	For Data Source, ensure that the TC2000/TCNet Plugin is
selected.
> 6.	For Local data storage, ensure that the "Enable" radio button
is
> selected.
> 7.	Click the "Configure" button.  The TC2000 plugin configuration
> window pops up.
> 8.	Ensure that the "Stocks & indexes" and "Sector/Industry
assignments"
> checkboxes are checked.
> 9.	Click Retrieve.   Below the "Retrieve" button, you should see
the
> data being retrieved and then the message "Done" when complete.
> 10.	Click "Close" and then "OK" to get out of the menus.
> 11.	Select "Symbol --> Categories --> Industries"
> 12.	Select an Industry.  Select "Auto Parts".  You should see
the "Base
> Indexes for: " "Relative Strength" dropdown set to "MG334".
>

> Are your base index symbols set for the industries?   Yes?  No?
>

> Regards,
>

> Dan.
>

>   _____

On Behalf