RE: [amibroker] Re: Extracting MG Industry Group Closing Price

Hmmm…  That’s strange.   Did you create a Telechart database in AB?  If so, try this…

  1. Open the database (File à Open Database…)
  2. Select AB’s Telechart database.
  3. Select File à Database Settings…    The Database settings window will open.
  4. Ensure that the “Database folder:” is pointed to the correct AB database.
  5. For Data Source, ensure that the TC2000/TCNet Plugin is selected.
  6. For Local data storage, ensure that the “Enable” radio button is selected.
  7. Click the “Configure” button.  The TC2000 plugin configuration window pops up.
  8. Ensure that the “Stocks & indexes” and “Sector/Industry assignments” checkboxes are checked.
  9. Click Retrieve.   Below the “Retrieve” button, you should see the data being retrieved and then the message “Done” when complete.
  10. Click “Close” and then “OK” to get out of the menus.
  11. Select “Symbol à Categories à Industries”
  12. Select an Industry.  Select “Auto Parts”.  You should see the “Base Indexes for: “ “Relative Strength” dropdown set to “MG334”.

Are your base index symbols set for the industries?   Yes?  No?

Regards,

Dan.