Re: [amibroker] Standard deviation of price

Karmin,

Tony provided the link.  I use the code and it works well.

It plots the Linear Regression line, and the 1.5 and 2.0 Std Dev lines.  You can easily modify to taste, but it fits my needs.

Suggestion: After applying the code to a chart, right-click on the chart and select "Parameters" from the mini-menu.  When the Parameters dialog pops up, scroll down to "SD Style" and click the drop-down.   Click "No Label" to turn off the standard deviation labels (I find them distracting).  Repeat with "2 SD Style".

Regarding your comment, "I am not sure if what I want is to complicated for AB...", I think you will find that almost nothing is too complicated for AB.

The vast majority of issues that are roadblocks in other charting tools, can be solved with AB.  I think of it as an onion - lots of layers.   First you have the UI and drag and drop.  Underneath that is the robust AFL scripting engine.  Underneath that is the ability to create _javascript_ and VBScript functions.  Underneath that is the ability to call Com objects that you write yourself.

Finally, in addition to all of the other features, if the data doesn't provide what you want, you can create your own composite symbols using AddToComposite.   I use AddToComposite to create five types of indicators for an index of each Sector and Industry, and then by Market Cap (small, mid, large) for each Sector and Industry.

So, when you ask any question that starts with, "I am not sure if what I want is to complicated for AB...", the answer will almost certainly be, "No problem!".

Regards,

Dan.
http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=438

Tony