[amibroker] AFL Fundamental Questions

Hello,

I am looking to understand how afl code executes.  I understand that
code runs sequentially line by line from the beginning of the code
file to the end.  I understand Procedures and Functions, Looping
Methods, etc.

What I don't understand is how afl works in Real Time as each bar is
created?  Is the entire afl program run over and over again as each
new bar is completed?  Is the program running at all during the
creation of a bar?  Can AlertIF trigger an alert once a price is
touched but before the bar is completed?  I currently do not use the
RT version so I cannot test these questions.

Also, are variables that are not arrays (global, strings, etc)
implemented as true variables or are they implemented as arrays that
have the same value throughout the array?

Thanks,

Marty.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.