Re: [amibroker] While loop

Hi TJ,

I got it to work via IF statement, but tried the while loop below and it
works also. However, at some point I must lose track of which bar I'm at
because, for example, RefPrice = 1.4500. I want Buyprice[0] to be this
price also. But if I set BuyPrice[0] = RefPrice[0] it doesn't take this
price but, instead takes the price of some other bar. Then proceeds to
increment the current RePrice[i] and not the RefPrice I need it to start
at (1.4500).

For my understanding, is BuyPrice and BuyPrice[0] the same value?

What I want to do is pick some price in the past (RefPrice) and enter 5
BuyPrices above that price (BuyPrice[1..5]) and see if they are
triggered. I'm using 5min FX data.

I hope i've explained it clearly enough...

Andrew.

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Most probably RefPrice (defined somewhere earlier) is an ARRAY.
> You can not assign entire ARRAY (multiple values) to single item of
> another array.
>
> If RefPrice, increement or spread are arrays you have to using subscript
> operator to get ONE value, for example:
>
> while (i<=5)
> {
> BuyPrice[i] = RefPrice[i] + (increment * i) + spread;
> i=i+1;
> }

24 Hours. Commission-Free.