RE: [amibroker] Suite of Exits

Graham,

That worked just fine, thank you.

Barry

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Graham
Sent: Monday, 3 October 2005 12:45 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Suite of Exits

Barry applystops are place on line by themselves and do not form part of the sell statement

ApplyStop (1, 2,target,True ,2);

ApplyStop (0 ,2,stoploss, True,2);

ApplyStop( 3,1 ,8);

SellCross (psar, C);

Cover = Cross( C, psar);

--
Cheers
Graham

On 10/3/05, Barry Seeger <bseeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to have several ways of exiting forex trades. This code is not giving me an error signal, but it's not working as intended either:

Sell = ApplyStop( 1, 2,target, True,2 ) OR ApplyStop (0 ,2,stoploss, True,2 ) OR ApplyStop (3 ,1, 8) OR Cross (psar, C);

Cover = ApplyStop( 1, 2,target, True,2 ) OR ApplyStop (0 ,2,stoploss, True,2 ) OR ApplyStop (3 ,1, 8) OR Cross (C, psar);

I intend a trade to exit when either it reaches a target or initial stop or n bars or Close below a parabolic stop.

I would be grateful for any advice on what I'm doing wrong, and how to correct it, thanks.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS