[amibroker] Re: Real World Signals

Sorry, I must be somewhat obtuse, but how do I get that value out of
a scan?
That is, for tomorrow, where are the applystops?
Do I have to add complicated code to calculate the trailing stop, the
%precentage loss, the # of days in the trade, and then print that out
in an exploration? Can't that be done automatically?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> and if you read all the information in the help screens about
> applystop you will no doubt have noticed this bit of help
>
> ###############################################
>
> For visual conformation of ApplyStop function, add the following
lines
> below your ApplyStop formula in Indicator Builder:
>
> Equity(1); // THIS EVALUATES STOPS
>
> Plot(Sell==4,"ApplyStop Sell",colorRed,1|styleOwnScale);
> Plot(Cover==4,"ApplyStop Cover",colorGreen,1|styleOwnScale);
>
> from equity comments
>
> Depending on kind of the stop various values
> are written back to sell/cover array to enable you to distinguish if
> given signal was generated by regular rule or by stop.
>
> 1 - regular exit
> 2 - max. loss
> 3 - profit target
> 4 - trailing
> 5 - n-bar stop
> 6 - ruin stop
>
> ###############################################
>

> hope this helps
>
> On 9/2/05, jacklweinberg <weinberg@xxxx> wrote:
> > O.K. I think I have a good system for trading stocks. (We will
have to
> > see the results in real terms to be sure).
> > When I do a scan, all I get is the buy or sell signal for the
next day.
> > What is the stop value?
> > How do I get the buy stop or sell stop out of a scan?
> > When I am in a trade, how do I get the "Applystop" value to be
output
> > with the scan signals?
> > What is the point of "scan", if it won't tell me exact
instructions for
> > tomorrow?

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm

Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM