RE: [amibroker] PopulateDB Script

you run a js file by double clicking it. It is a separate program from AB and doesn't run inside it.  I "can" run AB and control its actions.  BUT you better know what it does before you run it for obvious reasons.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Hoopes
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:04 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] PopulateDB Script

Group,

I would like to create a new Industry in AB called ETFs.

I have located a script "PopulateDB" in the files section of this
group. Inside is a _javascript_ file. Unfortunately, there is no
instructions about how to run the script. I have loaded it into the
Custom formulas section of AB, but when I "Insert" the file, nothing
happens.

Does anyone know how/where to execute this *.js file?

Thanks,

Ed Hoopes

PS I have modified the filename to load my "ETF Universe.csv" file.
And placed the file in the Custom folder. Should I specify the entire
path to the file? C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\ . . . \ETF Universe.csv

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS