[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker Support

I'd agree that buying power is twice, but NOT equity.  Equity is
defined as the difference between the market value of a property and
the claims held against it.  If this were not true then I could have
enjoyed having 10x the equity at the time of my last home purchase by
buying a home for 10x as much and taking out a mortgage that was 10x
as much.

> [amibroker] Re: Script and Stockconsultant websiteHello,
>
> Just a few posts ago I think I expressed clearly what is needed
when contacting support:

> Sending screenshot alone means nothing to me.
>
> Since you do NOT provide all necessary details (formula, settings)
that are needed to analyse
> the case you are giving me NO CHANCE to know what you have done to
obtain results.

> _ASSUMING_ that this is the same case as Bert reported earlier
(comparing results obtained
> with ^RUT with 50% margin with results obtained with UAPIX without
margin,
> I can say that numbers ARE correct.
>
>  I can copy-paste response which I sent to him with exact
calculations explaining why:

> === MY RESPONSE TO BERT COPY PASTE SECTION 1 ===
> In this example
> we assume the following: that UAPIX movements are exactly 2x the
movement of ^RUT
> (so there is exact 2x leverage between them). (Note that  this
assumption may not be true in
> reality and is used for illustration purposes only)
>
> say UAPIX moves from 23.77 to 24.77 (+4.2%) and your initial equity
is
> 23770 so you purchase 1000 shares. Your profit is $1000 and percent
profit is +4.2%

> At the same time ^RUT moves 2.1% from 638.67 to 652.10.
> Now your cash amount is the same as in previous case 23770 but you
are on
> 50% margin so your buying power is twice as much 2*23770 = 47540.
> So you can purchase 74.4359 shares (for simplicity
> in the example we assume that fractional purchases are possible)
> Your dollar profit is (652.10-638.67) * 74.4359 = $1000 (approx due
to rounding) - the same
> as in first case.
>
> Your PERCENT profit is however:
> $1000 / $47540 = 2.1%
>
> This is so because in second case you had to buy shares for $47540
> while in first case you only spent $23770.
>

> If you want expectancy to be the same in both cases you should not
use
> percent profits but dollar profits instead.
>

> === MY RESPONSE TO BERT COPY PASTE SECTION 2 ===
>

> When you use leveraged instrument BOTH % profit and dollar profit
are twice
> because PERCENT is based on SMALLER EQUITY VALUE.
>
> ( 2 * DOLLAR GAIN ) / EQUITY = TWICE normal % profit
>
> If you use magin account PERCENT PROFIT is calculated from HIGHER
EQUITY VALUE.
> When use 50% margin account your EQUITY is TWICE your cash.
> So even if DOLLAR GAIN is twice, PERCENT GAIN is the SAME because
equity (buying power)
> is TWICE.
>
> ( 2 * DOLLAR GAIN ) / ( 2 * EQUITY ) = DOLLAR GAIN / EQUITY =
normal % profit

> This is so because on margin account you actually purchase TWICE
the original amount
> and your dollar profit is also twice as much. But those 2/2 reduce
and % profit remains the same.

> If you are using leveraged instrument, things are quite different:
> you invest only HALF the amount you would invest on margin account,
yet dollar profits are the same.
> Hence percent profit is double.
>
> =====
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

attachment.  Same system on both sides traded without margin on the
left, with margin on the right.

>   Should:
>

>   -          Avg Profit/Loss% in ALL TRADES Section
>
>   -          Avg Profit % in WINNERS Section
>
>   -          Max Trade% Drawdown
>

>   be the same ?
>

>   If so can you please explain ?
>

>   Thanks, Fred
>

>   = = = = = = = = = = =
>

>   Follow up: I have made a check to verify your report about avg.
profit/loss
>   and all I can say is that I can not confirm your observations.
>
>   Best regards,
>   Tomasz Janeczko
>   amibroker.com

Tomasz
>   >> asking for help. Oh sure, they get the standard message saying
that
>   >> a response will be provided within 24 hours but they never
hear a
>   >> thing on what they consider to be critical items. One might
ask, why
>   >> is AmiBroker Support and even Tomasz being so selective in
what they
>   >> repond to? I, for one, have no idea.
>   >>
>   >> I certainly hope that this does not continue. I really like the
>   >> software and the response by AmiBroker prior to these string
of cases
>   >> has been quite good.
>   >>
>   >> In any case, I hope it changes. I saw a message recently where
>   >> someone on this board implied that someone else was being
rude. Is
>   >> it "rude" when one tells you that a response will be provided
and
>   >> none ever is? Is it "rude" when someone does not respond even
when
>   >> repeated requests are made. I hope not. I would rather think
that
>   >> he/she just got caught up in the moment. An oversight, if you
will.
>   >>
>   >> So, if interested, think about responding to request 22642
originally
>   >> sent to AmiBroker on September 12th and then again on September
>   >> 18th. Try to be nice as we should all practice what we preach.

----------

>   I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>   It has removed 6178 spam emails to date.
>   Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>   Try SPAMfighter for free now!

----------
>   I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users.
>   It has removed 6178 spam emails to date.
>   Paying users do not have this message in their emails.
>   Try SPAMfighter for free now!
>

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

investment software  Investment property software
>         Software support  Real estate investment analysis software
Investment software

of Service.

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM