RE: [amibroker] Off-Topic: AMD vs Intel CPU Speed Comparison

Given the recent news reported by Tom's Hardware, it
appears that Intel will be dropping HyperThreading for most
of its new processors. Some CPUs destined for the
specialized server market will continue to have
hyperthreading.

So what follows is more of academic interest than practical
significance.

I am not surprised that some applications work fine (or
even faster) with HyperThreading. My comment was about
speed loss was for programs that have not been re-written
for optimal performance under hyperthreading.

I recall Tomasz indicating that at some point Amibroker
will be optimized for multiple core CPUs. This should also
work for HyperThreading which makes a single core CPU
behave like a dual core, if my understanding of
HyperThreading is correct.

As for the question about page filing settings, I used the
computers as they came. My assumption (perhaps wrong) is
that the manufacturer would have set the page filing to the
optimal setting for their CPU and memory type.

--- Mark Keitel <mkeitel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not so sure since that was not my understanding on Hyper
> threading,  and my
> lap top that has it is much faster on mathematical
> equations than my other
> computer that does not.
>

> I take it that the page filing settings on all computers
> were the same too
>

> Mark
>

>   _____

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Si

=== message truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM