Re: [amibroker] Possible Bug but would like to verify!!

HI

it happened to me once. Your problem is complex as I see it.

1. to decrease  CPU load try:
a.closing some charts.Keep them refreshed  via real time quote window.
b. decrease nr.of  ticks to load in database setting.
c.dont run other programms  on very same PC

2. cascading of symbols when opening AB :
it happened to me  once "out of the blue". I cant duplicate the problem so i
did not send any reports.

IMHO: Those problems  happens ONLY when running AB with loaded tick database
with  IB as data feed.
If needed I  handle this problems in such way  that I close  IB window first
. Then I  close some charts  in AB and close AB software. Then reopen IB
first and then AB software.

3. sometimes AB freezes during loading :
When the IB sends  many ticks (especially during market opening ) AB stalls
or freeze . In facts its still working
but charts are not refreshing. I wait few minutes and when CPU load decrease
(because market acitvity is  quieter, few ticks etc.) everything corrects by
itself.
This  can lead  to the  CPU overload problem because I have had  2 instances
of AB running at the same time on my PC, too many  bars loaded and to many
charts open at the same time.

That was reported to Tomasz and  he fixed it.

When I was using esignal, none of those problems was present. Esignal as
data feed is  better IMHO.

Best regards

Drazen

Currently im using
AB 4.70.3 for tick database .PC MB intel 1.4  ghz, 512 RAM ,Windows 2000 OS.
IB ver. 831. Plugin ver. 1.3.0

PS If something works- dont  fix it !