[amibroker] Re: Getting Started with AFL Systems. Please Help.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx>

> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
8/9/2005

I am also having difficulty learning to program well in AFL, and I
know several other people who are having the same difficulty, some
of whom have resorted to reading the User Guide 10 pages a day. I
think AmiBroker is a very good program, and I have no association
with any other charting package. I have used and programmed several,
including MetaStock and WealthLab. My background is engineering,
including teaching at University level.

The best free manual I have ever seen for novice coders is the
MetaStock Formula Primer, available here:
http://www.equis.com/Customer/Resources/Formulas/Primer.aspx

AmiBroker needs to create something similar to that Primer: a step-
by-step guide with exercises, from basics through to more advanced
concepts, including anything unusual about the program, e.g.,for AB,
how to decide when array processing will suffice, and when looping
is necessary. In my humble opinion, such a Primer is an obvious
omission in the otherwise excellent User Guide, Function Reference
and other support offered by AmiBroker.

">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>