Re: [amibroker] Re: Getting Started with AFL Systems. Please Help.

Steve, here is a little system that has been posted before.  It has a little more meat to it.  Run it on end of day (eod) stock data.
It is trading logic from Steve Karnish with AFL code from Jayson.
This system does not do well with all stocks.  Steve recommends running it on individual stocks to find which stocks trade well with this technique.  Make up a watch list of those that work well.
So do not use the default backtester.  On the Automatic Analysis (AA) page select the drop down arrow on the backtest button and use the old V4 backtester that does individual tests rather than portfolio tests.
Experiment with the system settings reports to get a summary for each issue, then make a new watch list that has 20-50 stocks that work well and experiment with those.
Good Luck
Sid

//period = Param("Periods",26,5,50);  //6
period = Optimize( "periods" ,26, 5, 50, 1);
smooth=
5;
storsi =
Nz( ( RSI( period) - LLV( RSI(period) ,period) ) / ( ( HHV( RSI(period) ,period) ) - LLV( RSI(period),period) ) );

Plot( EMA(storsi, 5), EncodeColor( colorWhite)+"Sto Rsi",colorBlue, 1);
Plot( EMA( EMA(storsi, 5),smooth), "5 DMA",colorYellow, 1);
Plot(.30, "", colorRed,1);
Plot(.80, "", colorGreen,1 );

Buy = Cover =
Cross( EMA(storsi, 5), EMA( EMA(storsi, 5),smooth));
Sell = Short =
Cross( EMA( EMA(storsi, 5),smooth), EMA(storsi, 5));
PlotShapes( IIf(Buy, shapeUpArrow,shapeNone) ,colorBrightGreen,0 ,Graph0,-15 );
PlotShapes( IIf(Sell, shapeDownArrow,shapeNone),colorRed, 0,Graph1,- 15);
GraphXSpace=
10 ;

// Regards, Jayson