RE: [amibroker] Re: Report on Quotes Plus Data - No. of downloads

Mohan,

I wasn’t aware of that.  This is good to know.

Please clarify one point.  When you say “…monitor the number of complete downloads performed by a user login”, does this mean that they monitor the number of DOWNLOADS or the number of COMPUTERS?

You see, I don’t have a problem with limiting downloads to two computers and paying more if it’s above that.   I do have a problem with the way that Worden implements it.  There are two issues:

·         The key issue is that the TC server decides if you are a “violator” and immediately shuts down the load.   Your client workstation is locked out.  Automatically.   You have to call or write Worden support to have your account reset.    If the server hiccups, well that’s just too bad!  Bang, you’re dead.  That happened twice to me.

·         Also, Worden has an odd mechanism for determining valid TC workstations.   Apparently the TC server gives each computer a unique number.  Then it chooses the OLDEST computers as the valid ones.  I.e., if TC is installed on an older computer and you happen to run TC by mistake, THAT computer is considered a “valid” computer and your current workstation is locked out!

This actually happened to me.   I first installed TC on an old laptop (now the “Kitchen workstation”) and then on my trading workstation.  Then I installed TC on a brand new laptop, stopped using the old one, and had Worden support reset my account.   OK, so far.  One day, while using the kitchen laptop, I clicked on the TC icon by mistake.   TC started up and logged in.  Even though I did not download data, the TC computer decided that my Kitchen laptop (as the oldest) was valid and locked out my workstation!

Once again, I had to call Worden to get my account reset once again.

What’s worse, when I call Worden about resetting my account they are testy about it.  One fellow even said, “Well, normally we don’t do that!”   I do NOT accept that attitude.

Again, I’m trying to understand the details of QP.   I’d appreciate any information about their downloading methods that you can provide.

Regards,

Dan.