RE: [amibroker] Re: Report on Quotes Plus Data

Point well taken...   Since I just use the data as a general supporting indicator, it hasn’t been much of an issue for me.  OTOH, I’m completely open on the issue so if QP Mutual Fund data is not representative, I’ll stop using it.    On the third hand, TC has NO data with the standard data package.  So it has been impossible to determine the accuracy of their data.

One other advantage of QP over TC that I did not mention before is that QP does not have a login procedure to monitor the number of times you download data.   You see, I have a laptop in addition to my workstation.

With TC, you can only download data to two computers.   That would be OK if their servers didn’t occasionally goof up.    Then, you will get a message saying that there are too many computers attempting a data download.   Then you are locked out.   You have to call them and get them to reset your account.   And, they get a bit testy about it.

With QP, you just install QP on the second and subsequent computers, and download your data.   No logins other then your user name and password in the client software.  They don’t keep track of logins at the server end.

This is not necessarily a big issue or a big benefit, but TC has locked me out twice.  It is just a hassle.  QP’s approach seems cleaner.

I’ve only used the QP data for about two weeks.  I may find things about it that I don’t like.  But it’s looking good so far.

Regards,

Dan.