[amibroker] Re: BatMan ( Beta Release )

In the future support is via email please ... this is TJ's board,
not mine ... but in short ...

One way to do this would be to set up a batch file i.e. BMProd.bat
where the contents are ...

"c:\program files\amibroker\batman.vbs" "PROD"

BMProd.bat can then be scheduled.  There are numerous
other "prettier" ways to do this kind of thing but this should work.

As to your questions about Include/Exclude ...

Favorite and Index are either yes or no i.e. 1 or 0
Sectors & WatchLists are 0 - 63
The others are 0 - 255

Although YOU have the capability to name these whatever you like, I
don't believe there is any way to get at them via automation except
by number. So you might ?! want to name them with both i.e. 001 -
NYSE etc ...

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gphanson2@xxxx> wrote:
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> Good Day Fred - I don't want to be a pest but I need some help.I
> understand and appreciate info on scheduling tasks with operating
> system. Thank you. Demonstrating ttl. ignorance, how does one pass
> BatMan.vbs arument of 'Prod"? Do you have an example? Also, I find
> the BatMan.hta will not accept my filter inputs - ie. in filter
> settings 'Include' I need to have below 'Market' accept an
> alfa 'NYSE' (I've renamed these) and in 'Exclude' for
under 'Market'
> accept an alfa 'Indices' and as well the ticked 'Indexes' at the
> bottom of ABs filter settings. The 'Include' and 'Exclude' boxes
will
> only accept numeric inputs.
>  Your program offers the opportunity for me to get away from my
> computer and do the things I should be doing around the farm. The
> computer is set up to call me back whenever something promising
pops
> up. Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Greg
> > Timer ?
> >
> > If you are asking for the capability to schedule batches of jobs
> per
> > se to run at some particular time ... This in essence already
> exists
> > in what you have ...
> >
> > There are two pieces of code here if you will ...
> >
> > 1. The FORM ( HTA ) which is what you see when you double click
the
> > icon or BatMan.HTA ... It's function is to allow users to input
> > batch & job names and correponding settings etc. for running an
AA.

> > 2. BatMan.VBE which runs indivdual batches of jobs if you will
and
> > produces output web pages ( Log / Summary / Detail )
> >
> > In normal on demand use the Form "runs" the .VBE when you click
the
> > run button ... However the .VBS can be run by itself by passing
it
> > the batch name that one wanted to run ... So for example if one
had
> > two batches of jobs defined i.e. PROD & TEST then one could
execute
> > BatMan.vbs and pass it an argument of PROD causing it to run all
> the
> > jobs defined in the PROD batch.
> >
> > This facilitates automated execution of scheduled tasks that is
> > easily set up as a windows scheduled task that then becomes part
of
> > the operating systems responsibility just as you might run
periodic
> > scan disks or defrags etc. (See typically -> Start / Programs /
> > Accessories / System Tools / Scheduled Tasks)
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gphanson2@xxxx> wrote:
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:
> > > Good Day Fred - great work. Thank you for your time and
effort. I
> > > don't have the ability to do work like this and I am totally
in
> > your
> > > debt. Tomasz has been reluctant to provide this function and I
> > know
> > > over the past that many requests have been made for this. I
think
> > > Tomasz may have felt that all the different AA stuff a person
has
> > > could be tied up in one big file and run. I've tried that and
it
> > will
> > > not work because I need the AA to run in sequence - one
element
> > has
> > > to be completed before the next can run. REQUEST - to make
> > everything
> > > work perfectly is it possible to add in the 'Timer'. Thank you.
> > >
> > > Greg

Log )