Re: [amibroker] Re: Slow Backfill Puzzle

Hmmm... Nice setup.   Sounds like the system has the cohones for the work!  Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks Dan for your reply - I have a WD Raptor serial drive (very
fast at 10,000 rpm with 5.2 ms seek time)as well as 1 gb dual channel
memmory so I don't think there's a hardware issue here.

I'm thinking that issue may have something to do with RT ESignal plug
in being used but still a bit of a mystery here.

Thanks & Regards,

Dean H.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@xxxx> wrote:
> Dean,
>

> How much memory?  What kind of disk?
>

> I think 1Gb of memory and a fast Serial ATA are the absolute minimum
> necessary for doing serious work on AB.
>

> My current workstation is only a 2.24 Ghz, single CPU system.
I.e., not a
> fast CPU.   OTOH, the system disk is an SCSI 15k rpm drive and the
> application disk is SCSI 10K rpm drive.  Currently I have 1.5 Gb of
memory
> and wish I had more.
>

> I'm holding off on a system upgrade until the AMD 64 dual core
systems come
> down in price.  My target is a dual proc, dual core AMD system.
Starting
> memory is 2Gb with 4Gb target.
>

> Regards,
>

> Dan.