Re: [amibroker] Re: Real Time Exploring.-- A Joke?

Hello,

> It *appears* to me that eSignal's data manager needs some kind of
> "wake-up call" after the connection is established (something to
> force a backfill on all issues, which can be done via any "all
> symbols" exploration),
Not really connection but initial backfill. If you start AB it will query for
missing data (from last run upto "now") on first access to given security
(no matter if through display chart or scan/exploration/backtest).
After initial update data stream automatically and unless you exceed
symbol count AmiBroker does not need to backfill again
(until of course you shut down computer and re-start or your internet connection breaks).

> My current understanding however, is that it needs to at least be
> open for RT streaming to work.  If it could be hidden, that would be
> nice.
You don't need to have real time quote to be open at all.
Data will stream automatically even if there is no RTQ window displayed.

Streaming starts on first access (it may be scan/exploration/chart display or anything)
to particular security and continues until you exceed symbol count.
Then oldest symbols will be removed from streaming list on FIFO basis
(least recently (oldest) accessed symbols will be removed first)

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

24 Hours. Commission-Free.