[amibroker] Re: Why is "Title" breaking in some places, but not others?

For any first use of TITLE in AFL you'd need ...

Title = whatever

after which you could use ...

Title = Title + whatever

to append something to it.

If the first thing the AFL sees is ...

Title = Title + whatever

Then it syntaxes because Title is not previously defined.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm using the following code to add the Linear Regression Slope to
the
> Title.
>

> Title = Title + "\n" + EncodeColor(colorWhite) + "LR Slope:    " +
> NumToStr(Ref(LinRegSlope( p, Daysback ), -shift) );
>

> This works nicely in my top pane and adds LR Slope to the Title.
>

> However, when I add it to other panes, I get an error, "Error 29,
Variable
> 'title' used with having been initialized." and several, "Error 1.
> Operation not allowed.  Operator/Operand type mismatch."
>

> I tried simplifying the statement to:
>

> Title = Title + "foo";
>

> I still got Error 29 and Error 1.
>

> Then I tried:
>

> Title = Title + 555;
>

> Error 1 disappeared, but I still got Error 29.
>

> I'd appreciate any help.   Is this a bug?   Dumb operator error?
AB
> idiosyncrasy?
>

> Regards,
>

> Dan.
>

> Note - The Parameters Section is:
>
> P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
> Daysback = Param("Period for Liner Regression Line",21,1,240,1);
> shift = Param("Look back period",0,0,240,1);

24 Hours. Commission-Free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/DldnlA/9M2KAA/U1CZAA/GHeqlB/TM