RE: [amibroker] Re: Script and Stockconsultant website

Tony,

I did a quick IM macro accessing StockConsultant.  First the good news…   I was able to access the site and download the data.  No errors or access violations.   Here a string containing the extract results from the “Resistance Above” section that was saved to a file (the last line in the code below):

"","+3.2% at 41.25 ± 0.7, type triple+, strength 8","+6.4% at 42.55 ± 0.72, type triple, strength 10","+9.1% at 43.61 ± 0.74, type single, strength 2","+13.7% at 45.46 ± 0.77, type single, strength 5",""

Here’s the code I created:

VERSION BUILD=4250510

TAB T=1

TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS

URL GOTO=http://www.stockconsultant.com/consultnow/basicplus.cgi?ID=sample&symbol=MEE&62695#ttop

SIZE X=1122 Y=871

EXTRACT POS=3 TYPE=TITLE ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#b40000>*

EXTRACT POS=3 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#b40000>*

EXTRACT POS=4 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#b40000>*

EXTRACT POS=5 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#b40000>*

EXTRACT POS=6 TYPE=TXT ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#b40000>*

EXTRACT POS=3 TYPE=TITLE ATTR=<FONT<SP>color=#0000b4>*

'Save the File

SAVEAS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=StockConsultant_{{!NOW:yymmdd}}.csv

Now the bad news…   This StockConsultant web page is pretty dynamic.  The contents of the Resistance Above and Support Below sections change radically from symbol to symbol.  Sometimes there is data, sometimes not.  For MEE, there were 4 lines in the “Resistance Above” section and 5 lines in the Support Below section.  For AEP, the Resistance Above had NO lines and the Support Below had seven lines.   While I believe that IM can handle this, I’m not quite sure how I’d do it.   It would take some research and experimentation to handle this issue.

If you are still interested, you can purchase a copy of the Pro or Scripting version to check it out.  They have a 30 day, no cost return policy, so you could test out the product further.   Finally, if you Google the web, you may be able to find a discount coupon for these folks.  After a bit of searching, I found and used a 30% discount coupon when I purchased mine.

Best of luck,

Dan.