[amibroker] Re: Amibroker is my charting & testing tool for life !

I second that ... I first purchased AB when it 4.3 and left it for a
while to test other in my opinion well overhyped analytics programs.
I only recently returned to AB after realizing that once you spend
some time trying to understand the language it becomes simpler and now
with all the third party dll's it becomes even more robust.

Moreover, this forum is one of the best I have ever been a part of.

I recomment AB to anyone who asks.  Well done guys

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dan Clark" <dan_public@xxxx> wrote:
> I was an AB user in 2001 and early 2002.  Then I left for a while.
> However.
>

> As my trading/investing strategies evolved, I realized that I needed a
> powerful and flexible tool to test and implement my ideas.   Late
last year
> and early this year I tested and/or reviewed many tools.  I found
that most
> had significant drawbacks.  Most products had limited flexibility and
> expandability, and many were over-hyped.
>

> Then, I thought, "Hmmm.  I haven't looked at AmiBroker in a while."
 It only
> took two days to see that AB's features and my needs were a great match!
>

> I started using AB again a little over two months ago.    In the
last two
> months, I've made more progress in testing (and throwing out some of) my

> ideas than I made in the previous 12 months!
>

> AB is the best charting and analytical tool out there.  It is fast and
> powerful.   But, is it easy to use?  Well, sort of.
>

> Its usability is excellent, but like most professional level tools, its
> features and functions can be intimidating to some people.   AB is
layered
> like an onion.    When you think you understand it, you peel back
the layer
> and realize that there is another layer underneath it.   Its
flexibility is
> massive.   With other products, you typically stuck with what they
give you.
> With AB, you can reprogram it to work like you want it to.  I.e.,
it's not a
> charting tool, it is YOUR charting tool; it is unique.
>

> For example, I didn't like the way that AB automatically displayed all
> values moving average so that it sometimes squashed the price bars
to the
> top or bottom of the chart.    Adding "+ styleNoRescale" to ParamStyle()
> took care of that.
>

> As another example, I wanted to change indicators in six panes, in two
> separate charts, with one click.   I wanted to see all of the TeleChart
> Sectors compared to a market index.  But, I wanted to switch between a
> simple price display and a Relative Strength display.  And, I wanted
to be
> able to change the comparison market symbol (S+P 500, Nasdaq, NYSE,
etc.)

> I set up one pane as the "master pane" and five panes as "slave panes".
> When I change parameters in the Master pane (display type and market
symbol)
> they are saved to small text files.  Then in the Slave panes, the
parameters
> are read and used from the text files.    Programming that took less
than 90
> minutes!  And that includes typing in all of the Sector symbols!
>

> Kudos to Tomasz for creating single best charting/analysis tool out
there!

> Regards,
>

> Dan.
>

>   _____