RE: [amibroker] Is AB an honest business ?

To what are you referring?!?

AB provides one of the highest cost / benefit ratios available.   It is fast and EXTREMELY flexible!  And, it is one of the few products that offer the ability for users to choose from multiple, international data sources, some of which are free!

For example, I use TeleChart 2005 for data.  Some users use Interactive Brokers.  Others use ESignal.   Still others use QuotesPlus, myTrack, Medved, or CSI.   Data from some data sources is imported while other data sources are direct-access to the source database. As far as know, NO other company offers this kind of flexibility!

Regarding TeleChart 2005 data, you use TC directly from the TC2005 database.   To set it up the first time, you click one button in AB and automatically load all of the TC Stocks and indexes, and TC sectors and industry assignments to AB from the TC2005 database.

You can import a list of symbols to an AB watchlist.  This list of stocks can come from a massive number of sources.

And, I don’t understand your comment about a free trial.  Go here and try the 30 day FREE trial: http://www.amibroker.com/download.html.

Regarding personal honestly, Tomasz provides a moral and ethical example of how a company should be run!  His posts on this forum and private correspondence to me personally are shining examples of openness and honesty.

If you want to comment about the (very few) limitations of AmiBroker, go for it.   If you want to slam Tomasz or AB about “honesty”, be prepared for moral outrage from a multitude of happy AB users worldwide!

Regards,

Dan.