Re: [amibroker] Re: Last lowest low

Trough and peak are based on the price moving a certain % from the
last highest/lowest price. It will not designate a peak or trough bar
until the price has passed that %.
eg if last high was $1.00 on a rising leg then if price goes up by any
amount then the high is moved with it. However if the price does not
go beyond $1.00 then drops to 0.95 (peak/trougn set at 5%) then the
peak will be set in stone at the last bar the price was at $1.00.
YThen the search for a new trough begins.

What you are wanting seems like a way of finding peaks and troughs
without being tied to a specific % change.
There are a couple of examples of this in the AFL library I think. I
have one there called trend detection that I use.
You will always require a basis for calculating the turning points,
but I believe this should be based on the characteristics of the
individual charts. I have used ATR and other like methods in the past
with some success. Just remember that you may never be 100% successful
in locating peaks/troughs either missing some or finding too many by
using any sort of mechanical system.

--
Cheers
Graham