[amibroker] Re: Excel DDE PLugin

I agree Fred, I got everything to work except the volume. Maybe
someone can show us what we are doing wrong. But anyway thanks for
your help. This did it as far as streaming data. Now if I could
figure out a way to use daily data already in a static excel sheet it
would be great.

Thanks
Rusty

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fred" <f.denys@xxxx> wrote:
> To create an Excel dde link with AB do the following:
>
> 1) Make an Excel worksheet with the name "Data" (or whatever you
wish)
> 2) In this Excel "Data" sheet all your  "streaming" data (close,
volume etc)
> should be collected from your broker or internet etc
> 3) Now "Name" the cells which contain the data you wish to send to
AB, for
> instance if you wish to send "IBM"  "Last Price" and "Volume" data
to AB:

> a)  Name cell containing "IBM" last (current) price for
instance "IBM_LAST"
> b) Do the same for cell  "IBM" volume and name respective
cell "IBM_VOL"
> Note: To name a cell put cursor on the cell and select in Menu:
Insert >
> Name > Define and enter "IBM_Last"
>
> Now in your AB database settings enter as "DDE Server" : "Excel"
> Under "Last" enter "Data{Ticker}_LAST" (Data stands for the Excel
sheet
> "Data", so change if required)
> Under "Volume" (or  "Last Size") enter Data{Ticker}_VOL
> (Note: I believe there is a bug in the AB-dde application...if that
will not
> work try the "last_size" fielld instead)
> I cannot make it work in my application under "volume" field.
> Hope this helps,
>
> Fred

The
> > tech
> > > said he would give it to Thomasz sometime and see if he could
get
> > it to
> > > work. We will just wait and see.
> > >
> > > I would think the excel link would be the easiest to get working
> > since
> > > it is a direct working of a Micorsoft product.
> > >
> > > Rusty
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "iascool" <sai20_2000@xxxx>
Universal
> > with