Re: [amibroker] Re: Best setup for large forex history

Eugene wrote:

>--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "firehorse888uk"
><firehorse888uk@xxxx> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Current spec AMD 1800+, 1.5GB
>>Will be upgrading to AMD 3200+, 2GB
>>
>>I'm loading large forex databases and it's getting slow. 14
>>currencies, tick data from 2000 onwards. I'm importing source data
>>month by month. I'm up to 2003 Nov and it's taking 2-3 hrs to
>>intialise/load all the currencies. Current database folder is 1.08GB.
>>The actual importing of data of each month only takes a few minutes.
>>
>>If I have 2GB ram, what is the best settings in the data page. I've
>>read in past posts to set "in memory cache" to 11. But there are 2 "in
>>memory cache", Symbols and Maxdata. Which one or should both be set
>>to 11?
>>
>>Windows XP - paging size 2GB-4GB.
>>Mem Usage - Adjust best performance for "programs"
>>
>>And is there anything else/settings in amibroker/windows to speed
>>things up in the above particular case?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Alan
>>

>May I suggest using only 6 months of intraday history and creating a
>mixed database with eod data and intraday data.
>
>What I would do is import 6 mos data at a time and then compress it to
>daily. Use the following afl if you like...
>
>dao=TimeFrameGetPrice("O",inDaily,0);
>dah=TimeFrameGetPrice("H",inDaily,0);
>dal=TimeFrameGetPrice("L",inDaily,0);
>dac=TimeFrameGetPrice("C",inDaily,0);
>Filter=C>0;
>AddColumn(dao,"Open",1.4);
>AddColumn(dah,"High",1.4);
>AddColumn(dal,"Low",1.4);
>AddColumn(dac,"Close",1.4);

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the code to convert intraday history into daily.

However, I didn't explain what I was trying to do. I'm testing for intra
day transactions so daily history would not serve this purpose.

I'm wondering if there are any particular settings that would optimize
Windows or Amibroker for this purpose.

Regards
Alan