[amibroker] Re: Best setup for large forex history

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "firehorse888uk"
<firehorse888uk@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Current spec AMD 1800+, 1.5GB
> Will be upgrading to AMD 3200+, 2GB
>
> I'm loading large forex databases and it's getting slow. 14
> currencies, tick data from 2000 onwards. I'm importing source data
> month by month. I'm up to 2003 Nov and it's taking 2-3 hrs to
> intialise/load all the currencies. Current database folder is 1.08GB.
> The actual importing of data of each month only takes a few minutes.
>
> If I have 2GB ram, what is the best settings in the data page. I've
> read in past posts to set "in memory cache" to 11. But there are 2 "in
> memory cache", Symbols and Maxdata. Which one or should both be set
> to 11?
>
> Windows XP - paging size 2GB-4GB.
> Mem Usage - Adjust best performance for "programs"
>
> And is there anything else/settings in amibroker/windows to speed
> things up in the above particular case?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

May I suggest using only 6 months of intraday history and creating a
mixed database with eod data and intraday data.

What I would do is import 6 mos data at a time and then compress it to
daily. Use the following afl if you like...

dao=TimeFrameGetPrice("O",inDaily,0);
dah=TimeFrameGetPrice("H",inDaily,0);
dal=TimeFrameGetPrice("L",inDaily,0);
dac=TimeFrameGetPrice("C",inDaily,0);