[amibroker] Re: Splicing two ticker symbols FUSMX and MMCFX

I've simply renamed FUSMX -> MMCFX and it seemed to work.
cheers - alex

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> Amibroker is power.  As I was framing my question and I got a clue
as to how to solve the problem.
> Will not stick a permanent array in the database but it will do
what I want.  The new array will
> be used in the signal.
>
> Best regards
> JOE
>
> // SPLICER JEL
>
> LastPart = Foreign("MMCFX","Close");
>
> FirstPart = Foreign("FUSMX","Close");
>
> Newarray = IIf ( DateNum() >= DateNum()==1050118,
Lastpart,firstpart);

> Filter =1;
>
> AddColumn(firstPart,"FUSMX");
>
> AddColumn(Lastpart,"MMCFX");
>
> AddColumn(Newarray,"Replacement");

doesn't handle a backfill/splice
>   it forces me to do this on my own and I would like to know if
anyone has done this work around since
>   I need the array for my signal work.
>
>   The MERGE(under Symbol)  function does not seem to work for me -
could be because the two arrays are of diffenent
>   lengths.  I'm not saying it doesn't work but not with two funds
of different lengths.

>   Here's gory details   a mutual fund called FUSMX changed name in
Jan 2005 and became now MMCFX
>   One fund ends on Jan 14 the other starts on Jan 18 in my data
providers database. I won't say who that
>   is.   Don't worry about the gap.
>
>   So I want to splice the two array fragments as follows - FUSMX
starts 12/28/95 and end on 1/14/2005.
>   The replacement starts 1/18/2005 and runs to current date. (as
I'm writing this I realize this could
>   be worked with AFL potentially needing FOR loops in Amibroker..I
don't think you can create a new synbol
>    but a composite would do ok)
>
>   Seems like the MERGE function under Symbols tab would do this.
Or on the wish list a SPLICE with
>   the ability to name a new alias.
>
>   As I write this I think SPLICING it once would be a permanent
solutions since with every update I'd