[amibroker] Splicing two ticker symbols FUSMX and MMCFX

Hello All -

When a fund uindergoes a name change and your service provider doesn't handle a backfill/splice
it forces me to do this on my own and I would like to know if anyone has done this work around since
I need the array for my signal work.

The MERGE(under Symbol)  function does not seem to work for me - could be because the two arrays are of diffenent
lengths.  I'm not saying it doesn't work but not with two funds of different lengths.

Here's gory details   a mutual fund called FUSMX changed name in Jan 2005 and became now MMCFX
One fund ends on Jan 14 the other starts on Jan 18 in my data providers database. I won't say who that
is.   Don't worry about the gap.

So I want to splice the two array fragments as follows - FUSMX starts 12/28/95 and end on 1/14/2005.
The replacement starts 1/18/2005 and runs to current date. (as I'm writing this I realize this could
be worked with AFL potentially needing FOR loops in Amibroker..I don't think you can create a new synbol
 but a composite would do ok)

Seems like the MERGE function under Symbols tab would do this.  Or on the wish list a SPLICE with
the ability to name a new alias.

As I write this I think SPLICING it once would be a permanent solutions since with every update I'd
get a new array thought the DLL that would trucate the existing one.  Have to do it every day.

Please let me know if you've worked this out.

JOE