[amibroker] Re: Excel to AB via DDE. Required settings

Hi,

Sorry for the second post, but I missed seeing your post querying
Volume. At least your getting something to record. I was showing
nothing at all. Another problem I noticed is that the Quotations
Editor seems to refuse to delete intraday data. Useless if you have
bad ticks.
I'll set up a reference page in the near future with Open, High, Low,
Close and Volume for intraday and see if there's some trick to it that
I can blunder upon. I'm not feeling hopeful. As I said in the other
post for futures the workaround is to record the volume seperately and
apply it as an indicator. Useless for stocks, of course.

Cheers, Allan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "fred" <f.denys@xxxx> wrote:
> Allen, thanks for giving this valuable addition to my earlier post.
> actually overlooked the "vol" vs "volume" issue, thanks for pointing
this
> out.
> Nevertheless I keep having problems with the correct volume numbers.
> On a "1 min" datacollection basis the volume data as displayed in
the
> "Realtime Quote" window are always shown correctly, but the volume
or "last
> size" saved in the AB Database are frequently a factor 2 higher.
> Are you experiencing the same?
> AB helpdesk seems unable to help on this issue...
> Note: A very usefull tool to collect (Yahoo) data into Excel (and
AB) is a
> freeware utility "QuoteCat" (www.quotecat.com)
> Highly recommendable
>
> Fred