[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker and IB Data Feed

Tomasz,

1) The main point of my original post was to put into perspective how
much time you allocate to different areas of AmiBroker's development.
It seems to me that fixing all IB/TWS bugs might have to be done at
the expense of enhancing other features. You are the developer, you
know the best, I might be wrong, maybe these endless TWS buggy
upgrades are easy to handle by an expert programmer like you.

After posting my first message I actually expected an avalanche of
posts from angry IB users looking for blood. It didn't happen. I'm
not talking about discontinuing support for IB plug-in but about
allocating you time resources according to customers demand.

> Tomasz Janeczko

I can't access this page (it's for members only and you have to be a
developer to register). I think these are posts from year ago or even
earlier. MyTrack has made a leap forward when it comes to data
quality during the last year. Freeze-ups or black-outs were always
rare, but there were problems with missing days of backfill data,
poor quality Forex quotes, occasional lagging rt data. All this has
been fixed. Backfill for most US symbols is now 45 days. The only
problem left is that US mini futures and Forex start on Monday at
midnight instead of on Sunday evening. Once I tested MyTrack against
the atomic clock and it was running one second behind. It's hard to
tell if it was the feed itself or my system/connection lagging. For
me it's not a problem, for other users it could be. The bigger issue
is SDK pricing, definitely not very customer friendly.

In conclusion:
a) eSignal - the best feed for now
b) IQfeed - looks promising
c) MyTrack - daytraders should test if there is a lag
d) IB - ?

Regards,

Lesmond

never any complaints. For now I run AB only for eod analysis, that's