Re: [amibroker] Re: ApplyStop Question

hi,

I agree with Herman that it is a good idea to start writing your own loops to exit trades (I only use loops for my exits). But Applystop should work for your problem. You just have to make sure that all your settings are set properly. Not only in the Applystop function itself but also in the setting window. I suggest to read the help file on Applystop carefully because there is a lot of detail in this function.

A setup as shown below should work for your problem. And ofcourse if the price is not hit within the bar then it will not find an exit.

rgds, Ed

SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
SetBarsRequired(10000,10000
);
SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates
);

Cond1 =
Ref(H,-1) > Ref(H,-2) && Ref(H,-2) > Ref(H,-3
);
Cond2 =
O < Ref(H,-1
);

BuyPrice = Ref(H,-1) - 0.1
;
Buy=Cond1 && Cond2 && L <= BuyPrice && H >= BuyPrice
;

Sell = 0
;
ApplyStop( stopTypeProfit, stopModePoint, 0.0006, 1, 0, 0
);
ApplyStop( stopTypeLoss, stopModePoint, 0.0014, 1, 0, 0
);

Equity(1
);

// chart

Plot(C,"C",1,64);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,0),colorLightBlue, layer = 0, yposition = BuyPrice, offset = 0
);
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeDownArrow,0),colorYellow, layer = 0, yposition = SellPrice, offset = 0 );