[amibroker] Re: ApplyStop Question

Ed, it doesn't works.
In your code AB exit at specific price only if he find the price on
the bar; if it is not true AB exit at the default BuyPrice/SellPrice.
It is wrong.

with this code I can enter and take profit exactly always at
specific price but I have not found a way to exit at stop loss at
specific price.

Cond1=Ref (H,-1) > Ref(H,-2) && Ref(H,-2) > Ref(H,-3);
Cond2=O<Ref(H,-1);
BuyPrice=Ref(H,-1)-0.001;
Buy=Cond1 && Cond2 && L <= BuyPrice && H >= BuyPrice;
SellPrice=ValueWhen(Buy,BuyPrice)+0.0006;
Sell=L<= SellPrice && H >=SellPrice;

ApplyStop( stopTypeLoss, stopModePoint, 0.0014, 1, 0, 0);

Thanks anyway

--
Giuseppe

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ed nl" <ed2000nl@xxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> maybe add
>
> SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0);
>
> to your code. And set in the AA settings window:
>
> 1) activate stops immediately
> 2) allow same bar exit
>
> and add after the Applystop in your code:
>
> SellPrice = C;
> CoverPrice = C;
>
> Equity(1);
>
> this way it will exit at the close if it exits after 5 bars. If it
hits the profit level it should exaclty exit at that price,

> rgds, Ed

for a
>   stopprofit (from the entryprice), or in terms of an absolute
price
>   it takes a profit at:  BuyPrice + ATR(10)  or  at ShortPrice -
ATR
>   (10). If profit target is not hit it exits after 5 days. You can
put
>   the code in a chart and do a backtest on the symbol for all
quotes.
>   Then you will see arrows appearing in the chart.
>   >
>   > Applystop can not use the absolute price. So the absolute exit
>   price BuyPrice + ATR(10) can not be used in Applystop. Instead
it
>   needs the points with respect to the BuyPrice which is ATR(10).
>   >
>   > Don't have code lying around which you could use with futures
but
>   the idea is the same. Hope this helps,
>   >
>   > rgds, Ed
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > SetBarsRequired(10000,10000);
>   > SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates);
>   >
>   > Buy = Ref(StochK(10),-1) < 10;
>   > BuyPrice = O;
>   >
>   > Short = Ref(StochK(10),-1) > 90;
>   > ShortPrice = O;
>   >
>   > // absolute value
>   > absV = ATR(10);
>   >
>   > profitStop = ValueWhen(Buy OR Short,absV);
>   >
>   > Sell = 0;
>   > Cover = 0;
>   > ApplyStop(stopTypeProfit,stopModePoint,profitStop,ExitAtStop =
>   1,Volatile = False, ReentryDelay = 1 );
>   > nnb = 5;;
>   > ApplyStop( stopTypeNBar,stopModeBars,nnb,ExitAtStop =
1,Volatile =
>   False, ReentryDelay = 1 );
>   >
>   > Equity(1);
>   >
>   > // these profitStop levels I add as illustration inside the
chart
>   > profitLevelLong = ValueWhen(Buy,BuyPrice + absV) * Flip
>   (Buy,Sell) ;
>   > profitLevelLong = IIf(profitLevelLong,profitLevelLong,Null);
>   > profitLevelShort = ValueWhen(Short,ShortPrice - absV) * Flip
>   (Short,Cover);
>   > profitLevelShort = IIf
(profitLevelShort,profitLevelShort,Null);