[amibroker] Re: OT: New Look for Yahoo Groups

Natasha --
This is very useful info.  How did you find this out?  Is it written
down somewhere by Yahoo, or did you discover it by trial and error?

Looks like someone at Yahoo has been listening.  Of my three original
complaints:  "missing posting numbers; the 'order' in which messages
are posted, new at top, old at bottom; and with misusing the
words 'previous' and 'next'"  Yahoo has fixed two out of three.

The only one that still irks me is: "the 'order' in which messages
are posted, new at top, old at bottom".  If some people like it as is
and some don't, why not just make it a user selected option.  I think
that would be easy to implement and make everyone happy.
-- Keith

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Natasha !! <dynomitedoll_ddd@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi,
>    The new makeover of the yahoo groups has an enhanced search
engine with an all word tally feature in the search and if the search
is done in the thread mode instead of date more messages are
covered.The only problem is the search always begins from the last
message posted.The message number can be referenced by replacing the
number in the browser url by your number viz :

> and you have arrived at your destination. Only problem is a search
from the middle of the group again begins from last message posted
and not message from the current page so we may have to expand
message and search page  with edit feature of our browser or use
thread feature.
>       I for one  am comfortable with the new features and don't
think the latest developments are all "powder and puff ".

>   -- -- N !!
>
> areehoi <hoierman@xxxx> wrote:
>
> I hope you are correct as this is the biggest mess I've seen in a
long
> time. Hopefully someone can put it back like it should be.
>
> R.E.(Dick) Hoierman
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "treliff" <treliff@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "keithmccombs" <kmccombs@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > "
> > My original posting complained about the missing posting numbers;
> > the 'order' in which messages are posted, new at top, old at
bottom;
> > and with misusing the words 'previous' and 'next'.
> > "
> >
> > ... PLUS: Last brings you to the first message, and First brings
you
> > to the last. Hey, no doubt this is a confused Yahoo staffer who
> > mistimed April Fool's day and got lucky with a holiday weekend.
But
> > Tuesday our friend will be fired and all will be normal again.

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.