Re: [amibroker] Re: Tushar chande's Adaptive Stoch

The Adaptive Stoch has already been distributed to the
group by MM.

Simply adding the following code allows one to use the
current length as an input for RSI periods

===========================
RSI_pds=LastValue(Currlen);

Adptv_RSI=RSI(RSI_pds);
===========================

You can use your own plot style with the plot command.

Attached is a graphic of how it loooks on the DJI. I
hope some of you will look into it and share your
experience and observations about it's effectiveness.

R S
--- micmus2002 <micmus2002@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am not that strong in math, but the basic
> principle seems ot be
> that when there's a lot of volatility you increase
> the amount of
> smoothing (i.e the number of periods ) and when you
> have a period of
> lower volatility you decrease it. I gues you could
> use tha principe
> with RSI. You could use the same code (but change
> the min and max
> range).
>
> I am not sure however of the implications of doing
> this. The
> stochastic indicators while "sensitive" seems to be
> very noisy.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Werner"
> <WKRAG@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi MM,
> >
> > thanks a lot for this code of ADAPTIVE STOCH.
> >
> > Is it also possible to come up with a flexible
> code that will allow
> us
> > to have ANY indicator "adaptive". I am thinking of
> an adaptive RSI,
> > adaptive EMA etc. ??
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Werner
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "micmus2002"
> <micmus2002@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Think this should do it Rakesh,
> > >

> > > StDevPer=Param("Std Dev Period",20,10,30);
> > > lenmax= 28;
> > > lenmin=7;
> > > currlen=0;
> > > stochma=0;
> > > v1 = StDev(C,StDevPer) ;
> > > v2 = HHV(v1, StDevPer) ;
> > > v3 = LLV(v1, StDevPer) ;
> > >

> > > v4 =IIf (v1==v2,  1, IIf (v1=v3,0,IIf((V2 -V3) >
> 0,((v1 - v3)/(v2-
> > > v3)) ,0)));
> > > currlen = int(lenmin + (lenmax-lenmin)*(1-v4));
> > > hh = HHV(H, currlen) ;
> > > ll = LLV(L, currlen) ;
> > > stoch = IIf ((hh-ll) > 0 ,((Close - ll)/(hh -
> ll)) * 100,0); ;
> > > stochma =EMA(Stoch,3);
> > > Plot(stoch,"Adaptive
> Stochastic",colorRed,styleLine);
> > > Plot(stochma,"StochK",colorBlue,styleLine);
> > >

> > > Cheers
> > >

> > > MM
> > >
> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rakesh Sahgal
> <rakeshsahgal@xxxx>