Re: [amibroker] How to find out slope...

Slope is a bit ambiguous since it depends on the scale of the time (X) axis. Zoom in/out and the slope changes. I would just use ROC() of your ADX line to track whether it's up or down and how much. You will get the same effect. You'll just have to discover the values of ROC at which you want to take action (and how many bars of course).

Terry

G wrote:
Friends,

 This time I have one another problem. I shouldn't say it is a
problem. I dont know how to achieve.

Here is what I want to do...

I am creating my own indicators for Buy and Sell signals.. For this I
have taken the CCI setup...  I have observed in the past from intra
day data that whenever the CCI reverses from the 0 level(Woodies CCI
Setup??) sharply then there is a good chance of the stock moving up.

I am trying to create an indicator which scans through the cci(6)
values as and when downloaded in real time and finds out whether a
sharp reversal has happened. For identifying this sharp reversal I am
trying to find out the slope at which it has converged and diverged.
Please see the attached image.. I would like find out the slope of the
blue line. I want to know how to find out the slope of convergence for
the last 4 - 6 periods at the turning point. Then I can optimize on
the slope value which is profitable for me.

Let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,
Govind

click here